Amazon’s shopping app or website is one of the most popular shopping platforms, especially in the United States. It is one of many iPhone, Android, and iPad apps that allow users to purchase their favorite things from Amazon and access other content from inside their respective platforms.
The app allows customers to browse through products, read reviews, and place items in a virtual shopping cart, among other things.
If you are an avid user of the Amazon app, you might have noticed that it does not work sometimes or stops working after some time due to some issues, which can become quite frustrating, especially when you rely on it to manage your orders and get discounts at the checkout.
If you are experiencing issues with the Amazon app on your iPhone, this article can help you fix it.
We will go over what could be causing the problem and how to troubleshoot it so that you can access all of your favorite Amazon content anytime, anywhere, using your iPhone or iPad.
Why is Amazon app not working on iPhone? Here’s the fix.
There might be several reasons why the Amazon shopping app is not working on your iPhone. Overcrowding on the site, for example, causes server outages, resulting in Amazon loading or not working issues.
The core reason for several Amazon issues, including the app not loading or launching, is that something is wrong with your iPhone or the app.
With all that said, regardless of the issues you are having with Amazon shopping online, follow the step-by-step guide to fix all types of problems with the Amazon app on iPhone.
Just follow these steps, and you will be able to use the Amazon shopping app on your iPhone to work again.
Recommended Post: Amazon Vs. Shein. Which should you choose?
Check if the app is compatible with your device:
If your iOS device is not compatible with the ample shopping app, it will not work. iOS 13.0 or later is required for the Amazon shopping app to work. If you are using an older iOS version, try updating it.
Here is how to do it:
- Navigate to iPhone Settings.
- Now select General from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose Software Update.
- Finally, Download and Install if your phone is out of date. To do so, follow the on-screen instructions.
Restart your device:
Restarting your device is a quick, easy fix that can solve many iPhone problems with the app, like crashing or not loading.
Sometimes apps become unresponsive because they are frozen—or too much stuff is going on in your device background, causing hiccups with performance.
Restarting fixes these issues for you and gets everything running smoothly again. Rebooting the device not only rejuvenates your applications but also refreshes your phone’s operating system.
How to Restart an iPhone:
- Long-press either the volume or side buttons until you see the power-off icon.
- Now swipe the slider to the right side, and then wait 30 seconds till your device turns off.
- To reboot your device, please press and hold the power button on the right-hand side of your iPhone.
Force quit Amazon and other background running apps:
If the Amazon app keeps crashing or misbehaving or some of its features aren’t working, you should try force quitting it.
Also, if any background running app is malfunctioning, it may interfere with the performance of the Amazon app too.
So close to misbehaving this shopping app and other background running apps to see if that resolves the issue.
- The easiest way to force close is to double-press your home button and swipe up on any background running apps.
- Now scroll with your finger from the right side of the screen to the left, or vice versa, find the Amazon app.
- Then, swipe up the app preview from the middle of the screen to the top to force quit it.
- Similarly, you may close all other background apps. After that, restart Amazon, and everything will be OK. If not, move on to the other fixes.
Sign out and sign back in:
Sign out of your Amazon account and back in. If that does not work, sign out of your Amazon account and then sign back in with a different user name.
If you do not have access to a second account, create one: Open the app: Sign In/Create Account. After that, open another new browser window (or tab) and try again.
If you have forgotten your Amazon account login password and want to sign in with the same id, here is how to reset it:
- Launch the Amazon shopping app.
- Now tap on Password assistance.
- When asked, submit your email id or phone number linked with your Amazon account. Then tap Continue.
- Once completed, you will receive an OTP on your phone or email address; input the OTP and click Continue.
- Create a new password now.
If you are using an older version of the this huge shopping app, you can run into the following problems:
- You may encounter app crashing problems.
- Your smartphone may shut down automatically because of issues in the older version of the app.
- Your device will not work as efficiently as it should.
- Your gadget may become sluggish.
Whereas upgrading an app allows you to enjoy not just the newly added features of the program but also a plethora of bug fixes that improve the performance and efficiency of the application.
How to Update Amazon app on iPhone:
- Go to the iPhone home screen to delete the app.
- Now touch & hold down the app icon>Once the control panel appears, tap the remove or uninstall option.
- Go to the app store, search for Amazon, then hit the install button to get the newest version.
Reset Network Settings:
If you are still experiencing issues with your internet connection after trying the above fixes, it is sure that there is something wrong with your phone network settings.
To fix the issue, you need to reset network settings so that all the settings that you have set in your device earlier may delete, and you can give it a fresh start.
The step will fix any issues with your internet connection:
Here is how to rest network settings on iPhone?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the General option.
- Now tap Reset.
- Finally, tap Reset Network Settings.
Hard Reset your Phone (Erase All Content & Settings)
If you’re experiencing problems using the Amazon app, the last and probably easiest option is to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
A factory reset deletes any previous settings and data from your iPhone that may be interfering with the functioning of the Amazon shopping app.
Not only can factory reset your phone improve its performance, but it also resolves phone or app screen freezing issues. It gives the impression of a new phone to your phone software.
Do not delete data on your iPhone until you back it up using iCloud.
In this event, you would not lose all the stored data and be able to recover it.
How to factory reset iPhone:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Then tap General.
- Now tap Reset and then Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode if prompted and tap Erase iPhone.
- Your phone will reset, delete all data, and restart with default settings.
- You will need to set up your phone as new or restore it from a backup using iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Now open the Amazon app again and see if the issue is resolved.
Check if Amazon is down?
The site might be down due to a number of reasons, such as maintenance or network troubles. When that happens, you may be unable to access your account at all, or certain features of your account may stop functioning.
If you can still browse other websites but can not use Amazon, that points to an issue with its servers.
Go to DownDetector and see if Amazon is down for other users in your area.
Try refreshing the Amazon website—navigate back to it in your browser—and try again to access its features and services. If it still does not work.
We have good news: If you can not log in to your Amazon account due to a service outage, there is still a way for you to shop as if nothing is wrong!
Scroll down and check out our recommendations for alternative online stores that are owned by Amazon and work just like Prime during an outage.
If you are a Prime member, these sites will allow you to shop as if nothing is wrong while Amazon works to fix any issues with their service.
If you are not a Prime member, these sites will still give you access to free shipping, deals, and other perks of being a customer—without requiring your credit card information or creating a new account.
The best part? You can order everything from household essentials to food items and electronics without having to provide any personal information! Just place your order, wait for your package to arrive, and enjoy your purchases.
If you do not like what you ordered, return it for free at no cost to you—no questions asked.
In addition, if you decide that Amazon is back up and running before your order arrives, contact customer service to cancel your pending orders. No hassle required! We know how frustrating it is when Amazon goes down—and we want to help make sure that does not happen again.
Here are some of our favorite alternatives to Amazon:
- Jet.com: This site offers deep discounts on a wide variety of products. Moreover, it offers free shipping on every order over $35 (you can also get free 2-day shipping with Prime).
- Walmart: This site has an incredible selection of products at affordable prices. Plus, it offers free two-day shipping on all orders over $35.
- eBay: This site has millions of products available at very competitive prices. Plus, eBay offers free two-day shipping on all orders over $25.
- Zappos: This site sells shoes and clothing from top brands, including its private-label merchandise. Zappos also offers fast delivery with overnight options available in certain areas—including free returns within 365 days!
Contact Amazon Customer Service:
One of our favorite things about Amazon is their excellent customer service—and if you are still having trouble logging in, we recommend giving them a call at 022 3043 0101 or mail at email@example.com.
Their customer service team can assist you with helping get everything set up and running smoothly; so that you can enjoy all of your Amazon shopping and browsing activities in peace.
They are available 24/7 to help with any issue that might arise!
Hopefully, the solutions shown above will help you resolve the Amazon not working issue.
Because Amazon is highly unpredictable, we have provided you with the best techniques for reducing mistakes.
If you are still experiencing issues with Amazon, you can ask in the comment box given below. We will try to respond to you as soon as possible. Happy Shopping!