If you are an Apple fan and use the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you are probably aware of this new app launched on the Apple store, the Brass icons, and the widgets app. It is one of the most popular app icons, themes, and widget apps, especially among iOS users, on the market today.
Developed by Gorilla Technologies, it allows users to discover new inspirations to customize their phone’s home screen.
This Brass app review will walk you through what it is all about, where to find it, and how to use it, all from the perspective of someone who has used it a lot, as well as give you our expert team’s opinion on its utility on your device or just as an individual who enjoys being creative with this digital service.
In the end, we will also be presenting some alternatives to Brass if it isn’t right for you in this review as well!
Recommended Post: Brass custom iCons and Widgets app not working? Fixes.
What is Brass custom iCons & Widgets?
If you are looking for an easy way to customize your home screen with beautiful widgets to fit your iPhone or iPad’s unique look, you need to check out this digital service featuring screen aesthetics. The app offers unlimited features including app icons, widgets, and themes that you can customize on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch home screen.
The professionally built features of this fun new iOS app help you entirely modify your iPhone or iPad home screen. They have hundreds of options available – from cute background themes and popular icons to nature photography. You can even use images from your camera roll. The choice is yours!
Brass app features:
1. User friendly: The user interface of the Brass is incredibly user-friendly; any sort of user, including non-experts, can easily utilize the icons, widgets, and themes, and customize them on their device’s home screen in a matter of seconds. To be honest, in terms of the user interface’s appearance, it is neither old-fashioned nor really appealing.
2. Amazing Icon Pack: Features incredible icons that are consistently vibrant and beautiful, which you can easily download and personalize to replace the default app icons of your favorite installed apps.
Aside from being completely free, it offers one of the highest quality icon packs compared to other apps available on the Apple store which are extremely customizable. With more than 3,000 custom icons included and support for all popular launchers, it is easy to customize Brass Icons in any way you want!
3. Awesome Dynamic Widgets—Allows you to customize your home screen with a variety of home screen widgets. Display your scheduled events with an alluring calendar widget that stands out or reflects your mood. The weather widget is one of the most customizable widgets in this Brass and is one of the best features.
4. Stunning Themes—Choose from several fresh color themes or mix them up to create a unique theme, including minimalist, winter, fall, nature, neon, and anime, which you will love every time you open your phone.
5. Support & Community: The Brass team will provide you with an exceptional support with regularly asked questions and helpful features that allow you to make the most of your app experience. With their built-in feedback menu, it is easy to stay in touch with their team if you have any questions or feedback to offer.
6. Frequent Updates—The Brass team updates the app on a regular basis with new features, designs, bug fixes, optimizations, and more! The “What’s new” choice in the settings will show you the latest added content on the freeware.
7. Variety of Design: Customize your home screen app icons, widgets, and themes with a variety of options.
8. Takes care of your device’s privacy: We’ve all read stories about Facebook leaking your information, or companies getting hacked for millions of passwords.
You may be worried that the Brass icons app will not take care of your device’s privacy. However, we can reassure you; that it does. Brass uses end-to-end encryption to make sure that no one can see what you do on your device, even if they have access to your account.
Though there are a lot of benefits to using this custom icon and theme application, there are a few downtimes that we can count:
- It displays a lot of obnoxious and useless advertisements.
- It allows you to download a limited number of app icons for free. Ultimately, you’ll need to pay to access the infinite number of advanced features.
- You may need to spend an hour installing a background theme and icons on iPhone. It does not imply that you will experience the same thing while using Brass.
How much does it cost/price?
The good news is that the service offers a free trial for users to try out limited features. However, after five trials, you need to subscribe to Brass to access its features.
You may subscribe to its weekly or yearly subscription to enjoy infinite advanced features and premium content updates without having to deal with annoying advertisements that pop up every few seconds. The table below shows the differences in features between the free and premium versions of Brass:
|Features||Brass free||Brass premium|
|Unlimited access to features||No||Yes|
|Premium content updates||No||Yes|
- With just $0.47 or $1.23, you can unlock a nice premium widget, theme, and app icon for your iPhone home screen.
- The annual subscription fee is $25.30.
- It costs $9.08 for a weekly subscription.
- A monthly subscription costs a $19.99 recurring payment each month.
- If you only want to pay once and have access for the rest of your life. The most expensive plan is $39.85 per month.
- Other in-app purchases range from $2.49 to $29.99.
How do you use the Brass app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
Here is how to download and use the Brass app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to customize different themes, widgets, and icons.
Check out these step-by-step instructions for your device. This guide works for all iOS devices running iOS 14.1 or later.
Please make sure your device is updated to iOS 14, as that’s the requirement for using the icons and theme from this service.
You can update by going into Settings > General > Software Update (or General > Software Update on your iPad).
How to download the Brass?
- Go to the app store on your iOS device.
- First, enter the term “Brass” in the above-given search box, and click the download button or install icon to put it on your device.
- Once downloaded, tap where it says open.
- The Brass system lets you use its features without having to sign up for anything, which means you can use them right away. To begin creating your themes, you must first log in.
How to customize the themes and icons available on the Brass?
At the bottom of the app, you can see the four different tabs given themes, My themes, Widgets, and Settings.
Themes: This tab displays the available themes for customization.
My Themes: You can start creating themes and access them by tapping this tab.
Widgets: The tab enables you to switch between different customizable widgets.
Settings: The tab allows you to change the app settings.
Follow the steps to customize themes and iCons on your iPhone home screee:
- Firstly, tap the themes tab and look through and choose from all the available themes, such as minimalist themes and more.
- Once selected, tap the “set up theme” button to proceed.
- On the next screen, the Brass system will ask you to install a bunch of app icons (for the apps installed on your device) on your iPhone that best match the theme. To do that, tap where it says, “Install Icons.”
- On the next screen, tap “Continue free with ads” at the bottom of the page.
- If you don’t want to unlock anything, have a look at what you can get for free. Tap Continue.
- We suggest you download the Brass configuration profile on your device. This will enable you to add all the icons at the same time. To do so, tap the “Download Profile” button.
- Then, tap the “Allow” button to download the configuration profile.
- Once the profile is downloaded, tap “Continue.”
- Now to install the configuration profile, go into your iPhone settings.
- Then, tap “Download Profile” below the Apple ID name. (If it is not there, check to see in the General > tap Profiles or Profiles & Device Management, and choose the Brass configuration profile > and install it.)
- Then, tap the install button at the top right corner of the Brass custom icons page. Enter your passcode if asked, then confirm the action by tapping Install at the bottom of the page.
- Once installed, tap “Done.”
- Now you can go back to your home screen to see the new icons added to your home screen. You can only see the free icon customized on your device.
How to get widgets from the Brass app to show on your iPhone home screen?
- Tap the “Widget” tab at the lower bottom of this icon and theme featuring the platform.
- Then, find and tap on the preferred widget that you want to customize. [You can also create custom widgets to use within the app using the My themes tab, where you can use your image and change the color and transparency of the picture.]
- Now tap “Add Widget” to customize.
Brass app review–
Different versions or flavors of iOS-based devices have their own set of home screen widgets and themes, including app icons for default apps.
However, Apple devices have few built-in screen widgets and theme customization options. In this situation, customizing the same screen aesthetic features becomes boring when your gadget only has a few alternatives.
Instead of using the device’s built-in features, everyone wants to try out different home screen themes and widgets, including app icons for a change, which usually takes up a lot of screen space and is difficult for users to manage on a small screen.
In this case, the Brass icon and widget app come in handy. Apple has introduced this software specifically to ensure that you are not limited while using screen aesthetic tools. The platform allows you to customize the many aesthetic features available to offer you a pleasing experience with your iPhone.
Look no further if you’re looking for a great app icon, widget, or theme app since Brass has you covered. We’ve been using it for three years and can promise you that, unlike many other programs, it is simple and free of unnecessary complexity.
You can use it easily to customize your iOS device by adding app icons, and widgets. The same is true of themes. You will not be disappointed when you explore all of its features. So go download Brass today if you want a fantastic app icon, widget, and theme!
It’s also really easy to use, so even if you have no experience with design software, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t give it a try!
We have downloaded lots of such apps in the past few months, but none gave me as much flexibility as Brass does. Despite their high cost, we tried them out on one condition: they should give me more than what they promised. A few came close to this custom icon and theme software but still fell short of my expectations.
My opinion is that you can use any other icon and theme app if you want a quick fix or you are not willing to spend a bit extra money for quality stuff. This icon and theme featuring program, on the other hand, is worth it if you want an app that is both affordable and efficient.
Brass-Widget, Icon, and theme iOS App Review is all about providing potential users with information and insights about the app and how it may assist them in their everyday lives, whether it’s as part of their job or as part of their free time.
It has every icon and widget you can think of, not to mention themes that are also AMAZING! Brass is the best icon, widget, and theme app we have used so far! We would rate this app 5 stars because it definitely deserves it!
What’s more to say, one of the intuitive users quoted about Brass is that the app allows individuals to access a range of different widgets, icons, and themes that they can use on multiple devices; this includes iPhones, iPads, and other iOS devices.
We really recommend this app to people who like using apps like this to customize their phones!
We hope that this Brass app review clarifies what the app is and how to use it on your iOS device. If you have any further questions, please use the comment box below to contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is the Brass app free to use?
Ans: Yes, a few of its services are free. However, you have the option to purchase in-app upgrades to unlock the advanced features and get rid of the annoying ads as you go. You can do that right within the app.
Q2. Is the Brass app safe to use?
Ans: It is a very well-known and popular app. Every day, millions of people download and use it on their iOS devices. So, it’s very unlikely that there are any major bugs or security issues with it. However, if you do find any bugs or security issues with it while using it, please report them to the support team immediately so they can fix them as soon as possible. The complaints can be filed directly using this iOS theme and icon customization tool.
Q3. Can I remove the Brass app icons, themes, and widgets from iOS?
Ans: Yes! You can remove the icons from this iOS app. To do so; you need to delete the Brass configuration profile that you have downloaded on your phone to customize the icons from the platform.
Here is how to do that:
- Go into your device settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Profiles or Profiles & Device Management, and choose the Brass configuration profile.
- Lastly, tap Delete Profile. Enter your passcode if asked and confirm the action by tapping the “Delete” button.
- After that, you may delete all of your icons, themes, and widgets downloaded from the service.
Q4. How to cancel the Brass app subscription?
Ans: Follow the step-by-step guidelines to cancel your Brass subscription:
- First, go into the settings on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on your name or Apple ID.
- Afterward, tap on the “Subscriptions” option.
- If you don’t see this option, go to iTunes & Apple store instead.
- Then hit where it says Apple ID. You will need to log in to your Apple ID, then navigate to the Subscriptions option. Now, tap on the Brass subscription.
- Lastly, tap where it says “Cancel subscription.”
- You have already canceled your subscription to Brass-Custom Icons & Widgets if you do not see the option to cancel it.
Q5. How do I renew my subscription or pay on Brass?
Ans: After you verify your purchase, it will be charged to your iTunes account.
If you do not manually opt-out of the auto-renewal feature, the subscription will automatically renew the day before your current subscription ends.
Q6. If there are other apps like the Brass iCons and Widgets app?
Ans: If you are not happy with the features of this iOS app, try its alternatives, which will let you customize your iOS home screen with various features, such as theme, icon, and widget. You can use the following as alternatives to the Brass: Widgetsmith, Color Widgets, ScreenKit, Aesthetic Widget, Photo Widget, Themify, etc.
Q7. How to delete the Brass app?
Ans: There are two ways to delete Brass-custom icons & widgets from your iPhone:
- Go to the home screen, look for the Brass, and tap and hold it until it starts shaking.
- Press the X mark to delete the Brass app on your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also delete it from your iPhone through settings, in general, and in iPhone storage. Scroll down to search for the Brass from the installed apps on your iPhone. When you see this iOS icon and theme featuring hub, tap on it to uninstall and delete it.