A few days back while driving, I was trying to connect my iPhone to the Carplay, but it constantly failed to connect and it was really a head-smashing feeling. Most often we all go through it. However, if your Carplay is not working on the iPhone 13/13 pro or previous models, we have the fix here.
Apple CarPlay allows you to execute multiple tasks like you can play audiobooks, get directions to any location, make calls, send receive messages, and more.
There are a host of problems that users might face while using an Apple Carplay such as connection issues, apps not functioning properly, or sometimes you don’t hear its sound while connecting it with the smartphone.
Other possible reasons could be a detection issue with the device, incompatibility problem, linking issues across applications, including iOS related problems.
It’s worth noting that before connecting your smartphone to Car-Play, make sure your device is compatible with the car and region. Otherwise, you cannot access into Car-Play and its features.
Here are the solutions to fix Apple Carplay not working iOS 15 issue
#1. Enable Apple’s CarPlay: Firstly, you need to make sure if your Apple Car-Play is enabled. To do so, follow the instructions given below:
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Then, tap ‘General.’
- Afterward, Tap ‘Car-Play’
- Now, reconnect your vehicle to the App.
- Lastly, toggle on ‘Allow CarPlay While locked.’
Note: Tap ‘Available Cars’ if your Phone supports a wireless connection. Also, Forget and Re-establish the Car-Play Connection. For this, go to CarPlay to select the vehicle you’re trying to connect to and tap to forget this car. Then, restart your vehicle and smartphone to re-establish the connection.
#2 Check Restrictions: You can check and turn off ‘Restrictions for Car-Play’ if it’s not working or its music does not work. Follow these steps:
- Launch Settings on your iOS device
- Then, tap “Screen Time.”
- Here, tap ” Content and Privacy Restrictions.”
- Afterward, tap “Allowed Apps.”
- Next, submit your Screen Time Passcode.
- Here, turn on “Car-Play.”
- Now you can check again if your Apple Car-Play is working or not.
#3. Turn on SIRI: Enable SIRI on your device if you want to use voice commands for display controller means. Follow the below-given steps to turn on Siri.
- Firstly, launch the Settings application on your Apple phone.
- Then, scroll down to the choice “Siri and Search” and tap it.
- Here, turn on “Listen for “Hey Siri” and hit the “Side button for Siri” and “Allow Siri when locked.”
- Now your Apple Car-play is ready to work and run smoothly.
- Remember one thing, you must have active cellular data on your smartphone to use SIRI.
#4 Turn off Sound Recognition: Switching on Sound Recognition could be the main reason why iPhone 13 Apple CarPlay is not working. Know how to turn it off:
- Open the Settings App on your smartphone.
- Then, scroll down till you reach the option “Accessibility” and tap on that.
- Afterward, scroll down again to “Sound Recognition” and tap it.
- Here, turn off “Sound Recognition” by sliding the given toggle.
- Now, try to play Car-Play to ensure if it is working or not.
#5 Refresh Airplane Mode: If there is a network issue while running Apple’s Car-Play, refreshing Airplane Mode can fix your problem:
- Launch the Settings App on your smartphone.
- Then, turn on “Airplane Mode.”
- Afterward, Restart your Phone.
- Now, turn off “Airplane Mode” by sliding the given toggle and check if Car-play works or not.
#6 Check the USB Cable & Ports: You need to check the USB cable you’re employing to connect the smartphone to the car, also ensure if the cable is not faulty or damaged.
Try to associate it with different USB ports and then check whether Car-Play is working or not. We advise you to use different -USB cables because there may be an issue with the connected USB cable.
#7 Reset All Settings: Resetting all settings on your iOS 15 devices can fix such an issue:
- Firstly, open the Settings App on your smartphone.
- Then, tap “General.”
- Afterward, scroll down all the way to “Transfer or Reset iPhone” and tap it.
- Here choose “Reset.”
- Now, tap “Reset All Settings.”
- Then, submit your Passcode and Screen Time Passcode.
- Here, select “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again select “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box to confirm and wait until your phone restarts.
- Lastly, Enable Hey Siri (Solution 1) and set up CarPlay on your Apple phone (Wireless or via USB cable).
Note: If still there is an issue with Car-Play working, you should update your Apple Phone to the latest version of iOS and then check whether it is working or not.
#8 Turn on Bluetooth: If there is a wireless connection, make sure that your Bluetooth is turned on so that your smartphone could be able to connect with the Car-Play. If the Bluetooth is OFF, your smartphone could not make a connection with CarPlay.
#9 Restart iPhone and Vehicle: Sometimes turning OFF the iPhone and car and then switching back to normal automatically fixes connection issues between both the devices
#10 Check if your iPhone is updated to the Latest Version: If your Apple phone is not updated to its latest version, it will not be able to utilize essential tools and software to complete the connection with Carplay.
#11 Disable EQ in Music: Disable CarPlay with Apple Music Settings for iPhone 13
- Launch Settings.
- Then, tap Music.
- Afterward, tap EQ and then turn it off.
- Restart your iPhone and then reconnect to CarPlay to check if it is working.
#12 Set up-Dolby Atoms to Auto: After ending up a call or when you try to play Music on CarPlay, it often crashes. If this is the case, turn it off or switch it to Automatic mode.
- Launch Settings and tap on “Music.”
- Then, tap Dolby Atmos.
- Switch to Automatic or OFF.
- Now restart the iPhone and reconnect it to CarPlay to check if it is working.
#13 Contact Apple Support: We advise you to contact Apple Support for further help if you’re still facing issues while running Car-Play even after applying all of the above-given methods.
Recommended Post: How to check the battery percentage on iPhone 13/13 Pro?