Want to delete your search history on your iPhone? We’ve got you covered. In this article, we’re gonna make it very easy for you by revealing multiple approaches to delete search history on your iPhone Safari. Let’s get down to the topic and talk about this.
See, the primary puzzle is why do you consider it necessary to erase your browser data? Do you think this is worthwhile? Does deleting the previous surfs literally advances Internet browsing?
Yes, definitely erasing your browser data is very important when you surf the Internet. There are a few reasons why the user falls into the alternative to delete search history on iPhone Safari:
- You might have gone to the site you weren’t supposed to go to
- You want to prevent browsing data or information from snooping around, eying confidentiality issues when you usually want to keep your searches private.
- To speed up the browsing time of the loading page.
- If the user is having several network timeouts or is unable to load page
- To get rid of hackers and online malicious parties working as a threat to online stuff.
- To avoid cookies to send you data for advertising purposes.
- Maintain hard disk space by wiping out temporal searches.
- You do not want your browser to store information in caches or cookies, which facilitates the functioning of your applications.
Alright! After rolling your eyes on the points above-given, it is no longer necessary to explain why web users should clear the search record of their smartphone browsers to run the machine quicker and more effectively.
Okay! Let’s get down to the business. You must have been setting your eyes on how to delete your search stories on your device’s Safari browser. Cool! We’re here to show you how to get there and describe simple ways to do so in few steps, so be sure to stick around with us to the end of the column.
Before you go any further, check out what browser you have optimized for your device and follow the below-updated instructions for your relevancy browser:
How to clear your search history on iPhone SAFARI
Apple’s Safari is the most widely used mobile web browser in the United States because of its features & outstanding web browsing speed it provides for the searches. It is pre-installed almost on every Apple device. So to use your Apple device’s Safari browser conveniently, you need to eliminate previously searched data, remove caches and cookies from time to time. Here are some tips on how you can make it easier:
HOW TO CLEAR SEARCH HISTORY ON IPHONE SAFARI;
- Tap the Safari browser installed on your iPhone device from the Start screen.
- Click the open book icon displayed in the bottom right corner.
- When you are in, press the clock icon on the top right corner.
- On the redirected page, get the history of all recent browsed searches.
- Select the history you would like to remove and drag it to the left.
- You can also remove the other logs one by one or at the same time.
- Click the blue-Clear button in the bottom right corner,
- It allows deleting the history of the last hour only with the history of today, yesterday, and all time.
CLEAR HISTORY & WEBSITE DATA ON IPHONE SAFARI BY USING THE SCREEN TIME OPTION:
- Step into the settings.
- Hover over the screen and click Safari.
- Scroll down again and see the Clear History & Website Data Grayed-out option.
- Now, to disable the Screen Time option, click the settings again.
- Scroll down once more and tap the ScreenTime option
- Again, scroll down and turn off ScreenTime.
- The Screen Time is turned off now.
- Now go back to the Safari application and view the Clear History and Website Data is back enabled.
- Delete old surfs by clicking on the Clear History & Website Data button.
*If the above method is not working for you, you can use the next one.
DELETE HISTORY & WEBSITE DATA ON IPHONE SAFARI BY USING RESTRICTION SETTINGS:
- Tap on settings
- Scroll and tap on screen time
- Select to content and privacy restrictions
- Enter passcode(if needed)
- Hit on content restrictions
- Tap on web content and Click to Unrestricted Access
- Go back to the Safari app & check Clear History & Website Data button is enabled now.
- Tap on the button to delete history, cookies, and caches.
If the earlier method does not work for you, you can use the following.
ENABLE CLEAR HISTORY & WEBSITE DATA OPTION BY RESETTING GENERAL SETTINGS;
- go to settings
- Tap on general
- Scroll down and click the reset option at the bottom
- Tap on reset all settings and enter a passcode(if needed)
- click to reset your settings
- go to the safari app, check your clear history & the website data option is enabled now.
IN CASE YOU WANT TO DELETE COOKIES & CACHES ONLY ON IPHONE SAFARI:
- Touch to settings
- Scroll down and tap on Safari
- Scroll down and click Advanced
- Tap on Website data (all the cookies and caches are here)
- Just press Remove All Website Data and click Remove Now.
- All Website data is deleted now.
Recommended post: How to delete Instagram Account Permanently on iPhone?