This blog highlights all easy techniques on how to clear or disable cookies on any iPhone model through different browsers like Safari, Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox.
“While it is advisable to turn off C.O.O.K.I.E.S from time to time, we do not recommend blocking them permanently. Because there are website services similar to Internet banking that does not work properly if C.O.O.K.I.E.S is disabled permanently.
There are some cookies you necessarily have to activate. Likewise, you may not be able to take advantage of forums and Internet services without accepting them on your browser.
When you turn off C.O.O.K.I.E.S for your browser, websites would no longer be able to keep you logged in. And you need to enter your ID/password each time to log in. In addition, you may lose your saved preferences from the websites you visit frequently.
Why Should you disable them on your Apple Phone?
- To free up storage space of your device.
- To achieve the fastest performance speed when your browser uses up more time than it takes to load a webpage.
- In circumstances like, when you try to access into a particular website, it constantly redirects you to its older version blocking C.O.O.K.I.E.S can fix such issues.
- There might be some websites that track your privacy through C.O.O.K.I.E.S. Blocking them will no longer allow such sites to follow up on your personal data.
- Erasing C.O.O.K.I.E.S and logs can protect your online confidentiality.
- Bankers can retrieve your username and passwords through session C.O.O.K.I.E.S.
- Also, websites can use targeting and Advertising C.O.O.K.I.E.S for advertising purposes.
Those using Chrome browser generally have to block them. At times, it is very important to disable these data files as they cover a large chunk of the space on your device. So, you might run into issues such as the loading or formatting of web pages.
- Open the chrome browser.
- Tap on the three-dot Settings icon at the bottom.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Clear Browsing data
- Check-mark, C.O.O.K.I.E.S, site Data only
- Hit clear browsing data option
- Again, hit up the button to clear data.
- Tap Done.
Disabling in Safari iPhone
We display 3- ways to disable cookies through Safari in your Apple handset. Use either of them to get the intended task done.
- Go to settings
- Go down to click Safari
- Turn on the toggle ‘Block All Cookies’.
- Tap on clear history and website data, tapping that will delete your C.O.O.K.I.E.S, history, and caches as well
- Tap on clear history and data.
- C.O.O.K.I.E.S on your safari browser are disabled successfully
- Open Settings on your iOS phone
- Scroll down and tap on Safari.
- Tap the ‘Advanced’ option at the end of the page
- Tap on Website data
- Here you can check the size of the cookies for each site registered to your Phone.
- We are now able to edit and delete cookies for specific websites.
- Tap Edit and press the red delete button to the left of the website name.
- Remove all your cookies by tapping Remove all website data, re-confirm it by pressing Remove now option.
This is one more way to block C.O.O.K.I.E.S/caches for individual Apps on your Apple smartphone:
- Go to settings
- Tap on General
- Next, tap on iPhone storage wait for a second.
- Choose and tap on the individual app.
- Check the document and data. If it is more than five hundred, you need to clear it.
- The only way to disable C.O.O.K.I.E.S for a particular application is to delete it and reinstall it onto your Phone system.
Recommended Post: How to enable cookies on iPhone 7/8/XR/11/12/13
Deleting on your Apple phone Firefox
All third-party browsers hold settings to block C.O.O.K.I.E.S from within the browser. Here is how you can do it;
- Launch the Firefox application on your device.
- Touch the three-line menu icon.
- Click on the settings.
- Select ‘Data Management’
- Hit Clear Private Data, confirm it by tapping okay.
Turning off on iPhone Microsoft edge
- Start MS Edge on your device.
- Tap on three dots given at the bottom of the page
- Select settings
- Hit “Privacy” and security alternative.
- Clear browsing data
- Tap to tick a checkmark to select C.O.O.K.I.E.S and site data.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data and confirm it by tapping Clear.
Follow the below-given steps to turn off cookies on Opera-Touch on your Apple smartphone:
- Launch Opera-Touch browser
- Tap on the O icon at the bottom right.
- Lead to settings.
- Tap on Clear browser data.
- Tap on C.O.O.K.I.E.S and site data to set a check mark to select it.
- Hit Clear in the upper right corner