First National Banking online not Working? First National Bank App not Working? First National has long been the top online banking app, allowing current customers (who are enrolled and actively using the FirstNet Teller online banking service from First National Bank AR) to perform a wide variety of tasks online; including, initiating routine transactions and conducting research anytime, from anywhere.
Whatsmore, its user-friendly interface enables doing what you want easy. But, what if the app fails to work?
However, lately, there are many people who have reported issues with the First National Bank app and the website. And because the issue has been around for so long, they are unable to view account balances and transaction history, view account alerts, initiate account transfers, pay bills, and more.
In this article, we’ve broken down the most common First National Bank app and website problems so that you can use your First National bank app facilities like normal, and do other things that matter the most to you, whether you’re a new user or have had trouble recently.
Apart from the fixes, this post also includes the reasons why the First National Bank app maybe not work on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch so you won’t make the same mistakes again, which should help you prevent running into the issue again.
Why is First National Bank App Not Working?
There could be several reasons why the First National Bank is not working on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, including:
- Your device is not compatible with the app.
- You are connected to a weak or spotty internet connection.
- The site’s server is down.
- You are using an outdated or corrupted version of the application or iOS version.
- Your device’s memory is overloaded.
- The cache files saved in the app have become corrupted.
- The date or time on your phone is not synced with the real date and time.
You Might Also Like: Why is TD Bank not working in 2022? [17 Fixes]
First National Bank app not working? Here are the fixes.
Users of the First National Bank app all across the United States encounter a number of typical issues with it, such as server or connection errors, freezing or crashing, not opening or loading, login issues, getting stuck on a white, blank, or black screen error, and more.
No matter what error your FNB application or website is running into, the solutions outlined in this post can help you fix all types of issues.
Start following the instructions one-by-one until the issue resolves.
You Might Also Like: Wells Fargo App Not Working on iPhone/iPad? [Fix under 5 Minutes]
Fix1# Check Compatability:
Start by checking whether your device is compatible with the First National Bank app, as it requires iOS 9.0 or later to run on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and macOS requires iOS 11.0 to run the app.
If you are running an older version of the OS on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac, you will need to upgrade the OS or the app won’t work. To see which iOS version your device is running, follow these steps;
- First, select the Settings.
- Tap About.
- Your device’s software version should appear on this screen.
- You must update your device if it is running iOS 9.0 below.
- To do so Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Automatic Updates, then turn on Download iOS Updates.
- Turn on Install iOS Updates.
- Once you do that, the latest version of iOS or iPadOS will automatically be installed on your device.
You Might Also Like: [12 Fixes] Why is Huntington Bank app not working in 2022?
Fix2# Restart your phone:
If the First National Bank app stops working randomly due to a software glitch on your phone, restarting the phone usually fixes the issue.
You can soft restart your iPhone by pressing and holding both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
If you are unable to do the soft restart, hard restart your phone by following these steps;
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Long-press the side button.
- Release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
You Might Also Like; Bank of America App Not Working? All problem fixes.
Fix3# Make sure you have logged in to www.fnbank.net:
If you’re a new user and experiencing issues loading or opening the First National Bank app, it might be that you haven’t met the initial requirement.
To use the mobile app, you must first log in to your account at www.fnbank.net and go to “Options” and the “Mobile Settings” to enter your phone number, carrier, and other information.
Proceed to the next fix if you meet this requirement.
You Might Also Like: [18 Fixes] Why is Chase Bank App not working?[Updated]
Fix4# Force-close First National Bank and other apps running in the background:
If your First National Bank app has been open for a long time or another buggy app is running in the background, it may experience issues, crash or perform poorly.
Force-quitting and restarting the app fixes a number of minor issues that causes it to stop working.
- Press the Home button twice to bring up all the running apps.
- Move your finger left or right or vice-versa across the phone until you find the First National Bank app.
- The app will automatically close when you swipe preview image upside.
- Similarly, you can close all other open apps.
You Might Also Like: KeyBank app not working? (Fix Under 5 Minutes)
Fix5# Check internet connection:
Try troubleshooting your Wi-Fi connection before troubleshooting the First National Bank app. The First National Banking app more often crashes or fails to load due to internet connection issues, such as failures to connect or no internet at all.
Try these steps to fix internet connection issues;
Try restarting your Wi-Fi connection by going to settings>Wi-Fi>tap the toggle button for Wi-Fi to turn it OFF for a few seconds, then tap it again to turn it back ON. Doing so will refresh your Wi-Fi connection and fix any minor software glitches.
As an alternative, you can try connecting to another Wi-Fi connection to see if it works. If the First National Bank app works well on another internet connection, it might be the problem with your previous internet connection, not your phone.
If you cannot load the bank app when connecting to another Wi-Fi connection, the issue might be with your phone’s network settings. To resolve this, perform a network setting reset on your phone.
This will reset your phone to its default network settings, erasing all previously saved Wi-Fi information such as Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, and VPN settings, which could be causing the network error. To reset network settings on your iPhone;
- Tap Settings.
- Hit General. Select the “Reset” option.
- Once you are done, tap “Reset Network Settings.”
- Type in your device passcode to continue.
- Once finished, tap Reset Network Settings to complete the task.
- Once the network reset is completed, the phone will automatically restart and you should wait patiently.
Next, try reconnecting it to Wi-Fi and opening the First National Bank app to see if it works. If your internet connection is good, but the First National Bank app doesn’t work properly, use the next fix described in these guides to help resolve the issue.
Fix6# Sync time and date settings:
Some apps, like First National Bank, may require you to sync your phone’s date & time settings with real date and time, so ensure that you have done so. You can sync the iPhone date and time using the following steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap “Date & Time.”
- If you would like the time to be set automatically, toggle the Set Automatically to on and select your time zone. It updates the time automatically according to your current time zone and the time that it has received from the network.
Fix7# Update the App:
Updating your apps to the latest version gives you access to the latest features and fixes bugs. If there’s a bug in the system, updating the First National Bank might be able to fix it.
Follow the instructions given below to check for app updates on your phone, particularly the First National Bank app.
- From your home screen, tap the App Store icon.
- Tap the Updates icon at the bottom right corner of the App Store welcome screen.
- You will see all the updates available for the apps on your phone when you do that.
- Tap the Update button next to First National Bank to update the app.
- Touch the Update All button to install updates for all available apps at once, if updates for multiple apps are available.
- Then, wait for the process to finish smoothly until all the updates are successfully updated.
- Once done, soft reboot or restart your phone to ensure everything works fine after the new update installation.
Fix8# Delete the App and Reinstall it again:
If your First National Bank app is still not working after you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps above, then probably the app might have been totally corrupted.
To fix this, you need to delete the app from your phone completely and then reinstall a fresh copy of First National Bank from App Store. We have personally tested this solution and many times found that, when you uninstall the previous version of the app and reinstall the most recent version, the new version works totally fine as intended.
Here is how to uninstall and reinstall the First National Bank app:
- On your iPhone, go to the home screen and find the icon for the First National Bank app.
- Press and hold down on the icon until it starts wiggling.
- Tap on the x that appears in the upper-left corner of the icon.
- Confirm that you want to delete the app by tapping Delete.
- Go to the App Store and tap the search icon.
- Type the First National Bank app in the search bar, and tap the search icon.
- Find and select the First National Bank app from the search results.
- Tap Get and Install to start the app’s download.
- Apple might ask you to enter your Apple ID password for app download and installation to be authorized and confirmed. If asked, do so.
- Wait until the First National Bank app is fully installed before checking to see if it is working properly or not.
Fix9# Empty some space on your phone:
It is now common knowledge among smartphone owners that cleaning out the storage on their phones can improve their device’s performance. These app cache files take up valuable storage space in your phone’s memory, causing app performance issues such as crashes or freezes. The installed apps themselves can also be deleted from your phone, but you might not realize that they can.
Check if your device has enough storage space by going to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. The First National Bank app requires at least 28.8 MB to work properly. If you don’t have enough, delete old messages, pictures, and videos and also uninstall any apps that you don’t use. This should free up some space so the First National Bank app will work.
Fix8# Clear app caches:
The First National Bank app may crash or stop functioning as intended if it has corrupted caches or is overloaded with cache files.
Deleting the app cache is a quick solution that also fixes the problems running into an app. Not only will this solve First National Bank’s app, but it will also make more space for your device, so that your device’s performance is improved which in turn improves the performance of your app. Remove your application cache by following these steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap “iPhone Storage.”
- Scroll down, and find and tap the First National Bank app to clear its cache. Then tap the OFFLOAD app.
- Then, confirm the action by tapping the OFFLOAD option again.
- Please restart your phone and open the app again once this process is complete. It’s good news that this process doesn’t delete any of your documents and settings, just the temporary files or app data that could be causing a problem.
Even after offloading the app, the icon for the app will appear on the Home Screen, which means you can tap the icon and it will automatically download once again. Then, you should be able to access the First National Bank app!
You Might Also Like: 4 Quick Ways to Clear iPhone App Cache Without Deleting App.
Fix9# Update your phone to the latest iOS version:
If your internet connection is strong and your app is updated, an outdated or corrupted operating system could be to blame. Installing the latest version of the iOS (name of the system) should fix a lot of software-related issues, including those that are affecting the First National Bank app.
In the opinion of Apple, new versions of iOS offer both new features and get rid of bugs that might be causing software issues in third-party apps.
How to update iOS:
To check if a new iOS update is available, follow these steps;
- Open “Settings.”
- Tap “General.”
- Tap the “Software Update.”
- Check to see if there are any updates available. If there is, select “Download and Install,” then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download and installation.
Fiz10# Factory reset your phone:
It is the last step to solving issues that cause the First National Bank app not to work.
Factory resetting an iPhone will clear out all the data and settings on your phone.
It’s likely that complex system errors are present on the device that cause the problem. It is best to perform a factory reset to eliminate these software errors, which could be causing the First National Bank app to malfunction. If you have backed up your data to iCloud before the factory reset, you can restore your data afterward.
How to factory reset iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. After the process is complete, turn off iPhone by holding down the Sleep/Wake button until Slide to Power Off appears on the screen. Wait ten seconds and then press and hold the Home button with the Sleep/Wake button. Continue pressing both buttons for 10 seconds after the screen goes black. Wait until the Apple logo appears and restart iPhone again.
Since the process reset your phone and made it brand new, you must set it up as a new brand new before you can use it again.
Check if the First National Bank app works now. To verify this, open and close the app several times. Restart iPhone if there are still problems with the app.
You Might Also Like: M&T Bank App Not Working? Here’s how to fix.
First National Bank not working on Chrome and other browsers?
If you’re experiencing problems browsing the First National online banking website on Chrome or another browser determine whether the site is down.
Visit Downdetector or another website that tracks website outages, such as Website Planet to check if the site is down.
If the website is actually down, the only thing you can do in this situation is to try again later. Try these troubleshooting steps if the website is not down;
- Close the browser and restart it then reload the website.
- Delete browsing history, caches, and cookies.
- Check that you are using a stable and fast internet connection.
- Try loading the First National Online banking in “Incognito Window.”
Contact the First National Bank Support:
If you’re still experiencing issues for other reasons, or have any other questions, go to their contact us page to discover answers to your most frequently asked questions and to know ways to contact their customer service representative.
We hope this post helped you solve your issues with the app or any other difficulties you might have had with our services. Several First National Bank customers report that they are having problems logging in, viewing their accounts, and making transfers through the app. Hopefully, the fixes from the list above will fix your problem with the First National Bank app.
If not, you can contact us for more help in the comment section below. We’ll be glad to get back to you as soon as possible! The content of this blog post is based on information provided by our expert writer; however, we do not guarantee its accuracy.