Have you tried the Hertz App or website and it’s not working? You’re not alone, as some users have experienced issues with their Hertz app/website. In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to troubleshoot Hertz not working problems and help you resolve them quickly and easily.
What is Hertz?
Hertz is an American company that rents cars; it is a subsidiary of Hertz Global Holdings Inc. Hertz offers an app to find and book your next car rental, fast and conveniently anytime and anywhere. Whether you need a smaller or larger vehicle for business travel or vacation, Hertz has you covered.
Why is Hertz not working?
Before you jump into troubleshooting guides, it’s important to know what exactly is causing your problem so that you can focus on fixing it and avoid making the same mistakes to avoid getting in trouble again in the future.
Here are some of the most common causes for an issue with the Hertz app or website such as a poor internet connection, low battery; corrupted app cache files, outdated OS version or the Hertz app or device itself, and much more.
Due to the following causes, Hertz app or website users commonly encounter a number of problems, including issues loading or logging in, app freezing or crashing, white/black/blank screen, connection or server issues, and more.
How to fix Hertz app/website not working issues?
No matter what issue is your Hertz website or app is running into.
The solutions outlined in this article can help you fix all types of issues. Follow the fixes given-below one by one until the issue resolves;
Fix1# Restart device:
Sometimes Hertz just stops working. This can be frustrating, especially when you’re on a trip and need to rent a car at short notice.
If you can’t find an alternative way of booking your vehicle in time, try restarting your phone.
This is often enough to get your Hertz app back up and running so that you can finally rent that SUV you’ve been dreaming about!
How to restart your iPhone:
- Long press the side button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider up, then wait 30 seconds for your device to power off.
If your phone is frozen or unresponsive, you can force restart your device for getting the same result.
- To force restart your phone, press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Then press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Long press the Power button to turn your phone OFF.
- To turn your device back ON, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Fix2# Check the Internet Connection:
Check your internet connection if you’re having issues with the Hertz app or website loading.
If your device is not connected to a internet connection or it has problems, such as internet drop failures, the Hertz app/website won’t load at all.
Firstly, make sure that you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network or Cellular Data is ON if you are using it.
Also, make sure you’re in a location where the network is accessible or where a Wi-Fi connection can be made.
Here are a few more remedies to try if your internet connection is acting up:
- The first thing to do is ensure that you have enough mobile internet data left for what you’re trying to do.
- If you’re on a limited plan, then it might be worth switching off some of your other apps while using Hertz’s app in order to conserve as much data as possible and boost loading speed.
- Try turning OFF and ON Cellular data.
- You can also turn off cellular data and use Wi-Fi instead if you need more control over how much data you use.
- Try turning OFF and ON Wi-Fi (If connected).
- Restart your modem or router.
- If your internet connection is still unstable or loading slowly, there is something wrong with your Wi-Fi connection, try connecting to another Wi-Fi to see if it works.
Fix3# Reset Network settings:
If your Hertz website/app is still not loading after connecting to another Wi-Fi connection, there are issues with your device’s network settings, try resetting network settings.
This will erase previously used networks, VPN, and Wi-Fi settings that might be causing the problem.
Here is how to reset network settings on your iPhone;
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Transfer or Reset [Device].
- Tap Reset and then Reset Network Settings.
- Resetting network settings may take some time and will restart your phone automatically.
- Once your phone is ON, try connecting to a Wi-Fi connection and then open the Hertz app/website again to see if it works.
Fix4# Log out and log back in:
On some devices, if you log out of Hertz on the app or website and then log back in, it can help.
Logging out and back in refreshes the app/website session and clears up a lot of issues, such as slow loading times and other.
How to log out of Hertz:
- Tap More at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap My Account.
- Scroll down and tap Log Out.
- Enter the password or use your fingerprint ID when prompted.
- Exit the app by tapping the home button twice or swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Open Hertz again, and enter login info when prompted.
Fix5# Check if the site is down.
If your Hertz website is still not loading after several attempts, it is possibly down.
Sites may go down when there is a lot of traffic or while maintenance is being done on website’s end.
You can use sites like Downdetector to check if Hertz is down or not.
Go to the Downdetector and enter the domain name of the Hertz site in the box and click the search button.
If it shows that your site is temporarily down, there is nothing you can do about it but try again later after some time.
Fix6# Force stop Hertz and other background running apps;
If your app has been open for so long or any other buggy app is running in the background, your Hertz app may malfunction.
Force closing is one of the simple solutions when an app crashes or becomes problematic.
Simply restarting the Hertz application and closing all other applications might fix a number of minor issues that caused it to stop working.
Here is how to force-quit apps on iPhone and iPad;
- Double-tap the Home button to access all the open apps running in the background.
- Slide your finger right to left or vice versa until you find Hertz.
- Swipe up on the app’s preview to close it.
- Similarly, you can close all other open apps.
- Once all the apps are closed, restart your phone and open the Hertz app again.
- Restarting your phone will refresh your device’s OS and RAM, fixing any small software issues that might be the cause of the issue.
Fix#7 Clear app caches:
Your app may occasionally fail, crash, or malfunction as a result of corrupted cache data saved in it.
The simplest solution to this minor problem is to clear the app cache.
By clearing the app cache, in addition to fixing app issues, you may enhance your device’s performance and save up storage.
Here is how to clear the app cache:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and tap the Hertz app.
- Then tap the OFFLOAD APP.
- Confirm the action by again tapping the OFFLOAD option.
This will delete just those temporary files or app data that might be causing the problem when using; no other Hertz-related documents or settings will be affected. All you need to do is install the app to start using it again.
You Might Also Like: Clear iPhone app caches without deleting app.
Fix#8 Delete some space on your iPhone:
When your phone is out of space, apps may crash or fail to load. For your operating system and apps to operate properly, they need at least 1 GB of space; otherwise, they might perform slow.
Firstly check how much space is available on your phone;
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Here you can see how much space is available in your phone at the top right corner.
- If you have less than 1GB of space available on your phone, scroll down and delete the apps that you no longer use.
- You can also delete videos, pictures, and files that you no longer use to make more space on your phone.
You Might Also Like: Uber app is not working on iPhone?
Fix#9 Update the Hertz app to the most recent version available:
One of the reasons why your app might not be working is that it has not been updated.
App updates not only bring access to newly added features and security upgrades but also fixes bugs developed in the application. Nine out of ten times, the solution has worked for many when they are having problems with their Hertz app.
Follow the step given below to fix issues;
- Go to your home screen and tap the App Store icon.
- To see the updates available for your installed applications, tap the Updates icon at the bottom right corner.
- Once you do that, the updates available for apps installed on your phone will appear.
Scroll down and tap Update next to Hertz.
- If updates are available for multiple programs and you wish to update them all at once, hit Update All.
- Now, wait for the updates to install completely.
- Once done, soft restart your phone and open the Hertz app again to see if it works.
Fix10# Delete and reinstall the Hertz app:
If your Hertz car rental app is still not working properly, it has probably become corrupted completely.
There are many potential causes for this, but OS updates are one of the main reasons that more often corrupt applications installed on your smartphone.
If you have recently updated an OS software on your iPhone, or iPad and you doubt that the problems with your car rental app have started after the OS update.
You must delete the corrupted version of the Hertz app and install a fresh copy of the updated version.
The practice will not only help you fix the bugs in the app but also enhances the performance level that you will notice while using the newly installed version of this Car rental app.
Follow these steps to delete and reinstall the app:
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Tap General, then select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and select “Hertz.”
- Tap “Delete App.“
- Select the “Delete app” option in the pop-up prompt once more to confirm your decision.
- Now go to the App Store and hit the search icon.
- Now type Hertz in the search bar and hit the search button.
- Find and select the Hertz Car Rental app from the results shown.
- Now tap “Get and install” in order to start downloading it.
- If prompted, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password in order to authorize the confirmation in order to successfully download and install the program.
- Wait until the Hertz app is fully installed before checking to see if it is working properly or not.
Fix11# Contact Hertz:
If you are still facing any problems while booking a car, you can call their customer service line: (800) 654-4173 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The customer service representatives will assist you in solving your problems.
For further help, you can also use the Chat option available in the Hertz app and ask any questions to their customer representative.
For website issues, you can contact support by filling out a form on the Hertz Car rental Website.
The support team will resolve your problems and assist you in getting back online.
Hopefully, the solutions provided on this page assist you in fixing Hertz not working issues.
Please get in touch with us in the comments area below if you’re still having issues with the Hertz app or website.
Your question will soon be answered by one of our staff members.
We occasionally may receive numerous queries all at once. As a result, we are unable to react to all of your questions right away. Please be patient.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 Is Hertz password reset not working?
Ans: If resetting your Hertz password doesn’t work, click the password reset link, enter the email address linked to your account, and then proceed as directed on the screen.
Q.2 Hertz login not working?
Ans: If you are having logging into the Hertz app, try the following;
- Make sure you are connected to a stable and fast internet connection.
- Next, check that you are entering the correct login credentials.
- Try logging in to Hertz through another device.
- If you are still having trouble, the site might be down. In that case, try again later after some time.