If you own an expensive iPhone and don’t use the shortcut automation feature, you’re making a huge mistake. According to smartphone analysts, it is one of the most useful features that allows users to automatically see and select programs. This is a type of shortcut that is activated by an event rather than manually.
Setting up shortcut automation for a specific task saves you time because you don’t have to enable the same settings every time to perform the particular action on your smartphone. We’ve compiled a list of the top six iPhone shortcut automation that you should create and use.
1. Set up automation for tasks you want to complete after you go to bed:
The first shortcut we will create is for the actions we want our phone to carry out just after we fall asleep. For example, if you text your girlfriend goodbye every day, but you fall asleep, usually when your wind mode starts, and you fail to do so,
In such circumstances, if you set a “Sleep Automation” on your phone, the feature will send a good-night message to your girlfriend automatically at the specified time. Let’s begin with how to activate it:
- First, launch the shortcut app on your device.
- Here, you see three options in the bottom toolbar, like My Shortcuts, Automation, and Gallery. Tap “Automation.”
- On the next page, tap the +icon at the top left corner.
- Now press “Create Personal Automation.”
- Here, Apple allows you to create all different types of automation. Press the “Sleep” alternative.
- Now press “Wind Down begins” and hit “Next” in the upper right corner.
- Afterward, tap “Add Action.”
- Now search for “messages” in the search box.
- Select the app through which you want to send text messages to your friend, such as WhatsApp, Messenger, and so on.
- Then press “Send Messages” and enter the text message you want to send, like “good night” or something else.
- Now hit the “Recipients” option to add the contact of the person you want to send this text message to. As we chose Amit, remember to tap “Done” at the end.
2. Enable “Auto-Reply” Shortcut Automation
We usually get involved in tasks, situations, meetings, or any other form of work in a way that we haven’t even had the time to react to. Guess what? The auto-reply setup lets your device respond automatically to the person who sends a message or calls you. Here’s how to do it:
- Again, tap the +icon and choose “Create Personal Automation.“
- Scroll down to select “Messages” and press that.
- Here, you can choose the sender and the text you want to send.
- Then, press Next and search for “messages” in the search box.
- Now select “Message App” and then “Send Messages.”
- Write the text where ‘Messages’ is written that you would like to send it as an automatic reply.
- Also, add the “recipients” where it says “recipients,” the person you would like to send this message to. Then, tap “Done.”
- Then press “Next” and again press “Done” in the upper right corner.
- Now you can see that the auto-reply setup is enabled successfully “when I get a message from Amit.”
3. Create Automation to Listen to Information–
You can enable personal shortcut automation on your iPhone to listen to wake-up songs and get information such as the date, current weather, and calendar right after you turn off your morning alarm. Follow the steps below to complete the task at hand:
- Again, tap the +icon and select “Personal Automation.”
- Tap ‘Alarm’ and then tick the checkmarks on “Is Stopped” and “Wake up” alternatives at the end, then tap ‘Next.’
- Now tap ‘Add Action’ and search for ‘Speak‘ in the search box and select ‘Speak Text.’
- In the morning, write anything you want your software to speak. Then, tap “Show More” to set the rate and pitch. Also, tap on the language option.
- Once again, go back to ‘Speak text’ and erase the text. Then, scroll over the keyboard until you find “Current Date.” From the next screen, press “plus.”
- This time, search for weather in the search box, press it, and select “Current Weather.”
- Press the below-given + sign and choose “Speak Text” to auto-speak the selected text.
- Now press Next and turn off the toggle “Ask Before Running.”
- Select “Don’t Ask” on the popped-up prompt and “Done” at the end.
4. Create an Automation for Receiving Charging Notifications
This shortcut automation can assist when you connect and disconnect the charger on your phone. By turning it on, you can directly enhance the battery life of your device such that it alerts you with an audio message when you connect or disconnect the charger.
- Tap the (+) icon and choose to create a personal automation.
- Now scroll down and press Charger.
- Here, select “Connected” and press “Next” to move ahead.
- Now press Add Action and select Speak Text, and type the text you want to listen to when the charger is connected.
- Press ‘Next‘ and turn off the “Ask Before Running‘ toggle. Press ‘Don’t Ask’ on the pop-up prompt and press ‘Done.’
- When you connect the charger, it will automatically play the audio notification.
5. Make an automation to enable Low Power Mode.
If you want to turn on the lower power mode to save the power of your battery when it reaches 50%, this given shortcut automation can help you enable the low power mode automatically when your phone’s battery reaches up to 50%. This feature allows your device to last longer while saving the additional battery charge on your device. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, press the +icon and then create a personal automation.
- Scroll down to battery level, tick check mark equals 50%, and tap “Next.”
- Here, press Add Action, search for “low” in the search box, and select “Low Power Mode.”
- Now press “Next” and on the other page, tap “Done.”
6. Create Automation to Send Personal Messages to Your Family-
Are there any complaints from your wife or mother that you don’t even consider informing them before you leave your office? Guess what? We have a permanent solution for you to that problem. You can create an automatic shortcut on your phone to automatically send a text to your family before you depart from your office. Proceed with the steps below:
- Create a personal automation by tapping the +icon.
- Now scroll down and hit the “Before I commute” choice.
- Now press Back Home and Next at the top right corner.
- Then press Add Action and search for messages in the search box, selecting them.
- Here you can write a message you want to send, like ‘On My Way, Coming Home or Leaving the Office. Also, add the recipient’s contact and tap Next at the end.
That’s how you can create and use shortcut automation on your iPhone. We hope you will like and use the above-explained automation on your device. Please request in the comment box given below if you want us to write about your favorite shortcut automation.
Recommended Post: Truedepth Camera not working on iPhone?