Any Wells Fargo customer with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch knows how frustrating it can be when the app doesn’t work on your smartphone, especially when you need to access your account quickly and easily on the go.
It also makes you wonder what’s happening with your money when you can’t check it at all, or only with great difficulty.
Fortunately, there are some steps you can take if this happens to you while operating Wells Fargo on your phone, which we’ll cover here in this guide on why the Wells Fargo app isn’t working on your iPhone and how to fix it.
Why is the Wells Fargo app not working on iPhone?
The Wells Fargo bank app might not be working for several reasons, such as:
- Wells Fargo is not compatible with your phone.
- You are not connected to the internet, using a faulty internet connection, or the server is down.
- You are using an outdated or corrupted version of the Wells Fargo app.
- Your device’s operating system has become corrupted or outdated.
- Corrupted cache files saved in your app might be causing the problem.
- You have set up an incorrect date and time on your phone.
- If the app and internet connection are not malfunctioning, there is definitely something wrong with your phone.
The following causes induce a number of Wells Fargo app common issues, including log-in or other account-related errors; loading errors; crashing or freezing errors; white/black/blank screen errors; connection or server errors; and more.
You Might Also Like: TD bank Not working?
Wells Fargo App Not working on iPhone? Here’re the fixes.
Whatever the reason or whatever the issue with your Wells Fargo app may be, the list of remedies given below can help you fix all types of issues. So, without further ado, try implementing each step one at a time to see which one works best for you.
Fix1# Check Compatability:
Many people are wondering why the Wells Fargo app is not working on their iPhones.
The first thing you should do is check to see if the app is compatible with your device.
For the app to work, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch must run iOS 14.0 or later. On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running an operating system earlier than iOS 14.0, Wells Fargo will not function.
Please update your smartphone to iOS 14.0 or later if you can. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use it.
You Might Also Like: Truist bank app Not working?
Fix2# Log out and log back in:
If you’re having trouble using the Wells Fargo app, one thing you can try is logging out and then logging back in.
This often fixes minor issues affecting the functionality of an app, such as temporary network or server errors.
To log out, tap your profile icon at the top right corner of the app and then select Log Out.
Once you’ve logged out, try logging back in again using your username and password. If that doesn’t work, try the next fix.
You Might Also Like: Bank of America App Not working?
Fix3# Force stop Wells Fargo and other background running apps:
When you don’t close an app for a long time, it continues to run in the background. This can cause problems when you try to run it again later.
Apart from that, one of the buggy apps running in the background may often interfere with the functioning of the Wells Fargo app.
To fix this, force-stop all other apps running in the background, including Wells Fargo.
- Double tap the home button to see all the apps that are currently running in the background.
- Swipe up on each app card to close them.
- Open the Wells Fargo app to see if it works.
You Might Also Like: Chase Bank app not working?
Fix4# Resart your phone:
Restarting your phone can fix a lot of small software glitches that might be causing the app to crash.
Just hold down the power button until slide to power off appears, then slide to turn off your phone.
Once it’s off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on by holding down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Fix5# Check internet connection:
Another thing you should do if you’re having trouble accessing the Wells Fargo app on your iPhone is to check your internet connection.
Make sure you are using a fast and stable internet connection. In case you are connected to the internet and it is malfunctioning, try the following steps to fix it:
- If you’re using cellular data, try restarting it.
- Also, try turning ON Airplane mode and then OFF.
- If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, try turning it OFF and back ON again.
- Next, you can try restarting the modem or router.
- Unplug all the cable wires and plug them back properly.
- If that doesn’t work, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
Fix#6- Reset Network Settings;
Sometimes an issue with a wireless network connection can cause the Wells Fargo app not to work properly.
Resetting your network settings forces the phone to establish a new connection which may solve any connectivity problems that are causing it not to work.
If you’re still experiencing problems with the Wells Fargo app, must try resetting your network settings.
To reset your network settings,
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode if prompted, then tap Reset Network Settings to confirm. Once your iPhone reboots, try opening the Wells Fargo app again.
Fix#7- Clear App Caches:
One way to try and fix a crashing or not working app is to clear its app cache. This process will delete any temporary corrupted files if developed in the app, which could be causing it to malfunction.
To clear app’s cache, try the following;
- Go to Settings.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Tap [App Name].
- Tap OFFLOAD app.
- If this doesn’t work, try moving on to the next fix.
Fix#8- Sync Time and Date settings;
One possible reason for your app not working could be an incorrect time or date setting on your device. To check and adjust these settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General, then tap Date & Time.
- If necessary, turn on Set Automatically.
- Check that the time zone, date, and time are correct.
- If you need to change any of these settings, tap them and make your changes.
- Tap Done when you’re finished to save your changes and exit this menu.
Fix#9- Uninstall, Reinstall and Sign In Again;
Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling an app can fix any issues you may be experiencing.
To do this, follow the steps;
- Find the app on your phone and hold down the icon until it jiggles.
- Once it jiggles, tap the X that appears and confirm that you want to delete the app.
- After it’s been deleted, go to the App Store and reinstall it.
- Once it’s been installed, try signing in again to see if it works.
Fix#10- Update your device’s operating system;
If you’re running an older or corrupted version of iOS, that could be why the app is crashing or not working.
Try updating your iOS,
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If there’s an update available, tap Download and Install.
Fix#11- Factory reset your phone;
Well, sometimes the problem isn’t actually with the app itself; it might be a problem with your phone’s operating system.
The software for iPhones is updated by Apple regularly (usually about once a month), but it doesn’t always work perfectly- that’s why sometimes iOS can freeze or act buggy.
Factory resetting an iPhone is similar to performing a clean install of Windows: it resets everything and starts from scratch.
So, if you’ve noticed that other apps are also not working properly, then try doing a factory reset first before trying anything else!
This will delete all of the data and files on your phone, so be sure to backup your iPhone to iCloud to begin again. To factory reset your iPhone, follow the steps;
- Go to “Settings.”
- Tap “General.”
- Tap “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Once your phone has been reset, try opening the Wells Fargo app again.
Fix#12- Check if the site is down?
If you can’t access the Wells Fargo website or app, it may be down for maintenance or experiencing a temporary outage.
Before you troubleshoot your iPhone, make sure the issue isn’t with the bank’s website. To check if the site is down:
- Visit DownDetector and search for Wells Fargo.
- Look at the graph on the page to see if there’s a current outage.
- If there is an outage, you’ll see a red line on the graph.
- Check if there are any reports from other users having similar problems.
- The only solution in this situation is to try again after some time if Wells Fargo really is down.
Fix#13- Contact Customer Support:
This is one of the major benefits of using a bank’s application. If you have any problem with your app, all you need to do is contact customer support and your problem will be solved in no time.
That’s why if there are any problems or concerns with their application, it must be looked into by efficient support representatives that can get these issues sorted out immediately so users can utilize applications as they were originally intended to be used.
So, if the Wells Fargo app is still not working or you have any other regarding its services or features, go to their help center page, where you can find the answers to your several frequently asked questions.
Additionally, you can contact them directly by calling 000 800 001 6090 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope this quick review of how to troubleshoot your Wells Fargo app will help you get back up and running as soon as possible.
If it doesn’t, please ask us in the comment section given below for assistance. One of the members of our staff will respond to you as soon as possible
We will try to keep this blog post updated with any changes or issues we hear about with the Wells Fargo mobile app, so bookmark this page and check back periodically.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 Wells Fargo Mobile deposit not working?
Ans: If you are unable to deposit a check through Wells Fargo mobile app, make sure you have signed the back of your check or endorsed it before taking a picture. This way you don’t have trouble depositing it and starting over again.
Q.2 Wells Fargo bill pay not working?
Ans: Check that you have enough money to pay the bills before trying again if the bill pay is not working. Follow the below-given steps, if it still doesn’t work;
- Try closing your app and restarting your phone after that.
- Once your phone restarts, open the app.
- Select Pay Bills from the choices by tapping the Transfer and pay option.
Fill out the “Amount and Send on date fields” for the bill you wish to pay.
Q. 3 Wells fargo app face id not working?
Ans: If you are unable to see the Face ID setup option; you haven’t probably enabled the Face ID feature on your iPhone for Wells Fargo. To do so, follow these steps;
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Select Face ID and passcode. Enter your passcode.
- Below, you should see a list of all the apps installed with a toggle next to each.
- Flip the toggle next to Wells Fargo to enable Face ID.
- Now, open the app to see if it works.