Apple’s power connectors are the best in the market. That is why we delivered this article in response to the questions we have been getting lately regarding the flashing connectors to be used on various iPhone models & accessories. Given that, the user must weigh the pros and cons of applying a lightning connector onto an Apple smartphone.
Such that if you purchase the unsuited one, it is more likely that your expensive iOS handset may come across to some dreadful experiences.
A lightning connector is a flat tiny connection cord used with Apple smartphones (also with some Apple accessories) to charge and link devices like PC/notebooks and power packs.
What is Lightning Connector in iPhone?
In 2012, we bid goodbye to a 30-pin dock connector, and the lightning using eight pins turned to be the primary connector for Apple, replacing the USB type A & B cords. To be clear, it transfers faster power and data as compared to the 30 Pin dock. It offers a fully reversible setup, which means you can manipulate any side to associate it with the port.
A lightning cable is a small wire containing a thin flashing adapter at one end and a conventional USB-A on its other end. It is a cord with a PD (Power Delivery) technology mainly used to fast charge cell Phones. You can use the USB-C type as its standard connector to achieve the highest charging speed on your smartphone.
Recommended Post: How to fast charge an iPhone without buying a charger or Adapter?
What can Lightning Connector do?
This meteoric power cable facilitates iPhones to be connected to USB battery chargers, PCs, cameras, external monitors, and other Apple accessories such as earphones, Apple Pencil, etc.
- It does not merely transmit power to your iOS device but also acts as a bridge for uploading the smartphone downloaded files like movies, songs, or any digital data to your Laptop/PC or vice versa.
- Can make use of a USB-C type connector to fast charge the iPhone battery. For that reason, the USB end of the cable is connected to the high power adapter. Apple says it gives your iOS device a 50% charge in 30 minutes.
- Also, execute the flash wire to charge up your iPhone battery by plugging it into the laptop/PC. However, this connection does not make your iOS device charge at its highest speed.
- Besides this, these connectors are utilized for audio transmission as well. Also, the latest Apple smartphone features a Lightning-to-headphone adapter that equates devices to headphones by mini-plug connectors.
- Synchronize files like .ipa by establishing a super secure connection between laptops/PCs and Phones interacting with the software like iTunes through a flashing cable.
- You can operate an iOS phone as your personal hotspot while plugged into a USB-C cable.
Note: The Apple smartphones are still shared out with a USB-A flashing cable. Thereby, buy a separate USB-C type cable to plug it with the other Apple accessories like headphones, AirPods, etc.
Compatible iPhone Models
The following iPhone Models support Lightning cords:
- iPhone 5/5C/5S
- 6/6 Plus/6S/6Plus/SE (First generation)
- 7/7 Plus/8/8lus
- X/XS/XS Max/XR
- 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/SE (Second generation)
- 12/12 Mini/12 Pro/12 Pro Max
Charging iPhone Accessories
The lightning connectors are deemed as an excellent way to recharge various accessories used with the Apple smartphones since these flashing adaptors are very small. These are the Apple accessories that require flashing ports:
- Apple pencil
- AirPods charging case
- Beats X earphones
- Beats Pill speaker
- Earpods for iOS smartphone
- Magic Keyboard
- Magic Mouse 2
- Magic Trackpad 2
Linking Apple Devices with iPhones
Here is a broad range of lightning adapters that advances the capability of Apple portable devices:
- Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
- ” ” to USB Camera Adapter
- ” ” to USB 3 Camera Adapter
- ” ” to SD Card Camera Reader
- ” ” to VGA Adapter
- ” ” Digital AV Adapter
- ” ” to HDMI
- ” ” to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- ” ” to 3.5 mm Audio Cable
- ” ” to USB (Power Delivery)
- ” ” to USB-C (Power Delivery)
Which is suitable for iPhone?
The flashing cables are handed out with the new iPhones that do not belong of the best quality, and there are odds that they will stop working within three or four months of use. The majority of our readers will agree with us on this theme.
So be sure to measure certain aspects of connector cables to verify their authenticity before buying any. If you apply a fake or uncertified Flashing connector, you may experience the following issues on your iPhone.
- There are chances that your phone’s motherboard or touch sensor may corrupt which might be a huge loss for your handset.
- The local uncertified flash cables get deteriorate quickly.
- Its coupling end may fall off, or it may get heated up quickly. Consequently, next time it might not come fitted into the connecting port.
- You might not be capable of syncing or charging your iOS phone.
So, what you have to do is never unite your device with any faulty or low-quality cable, instead use Apple’s MFI (Made for iPhone) certified one, structured according to the Apple guidelines.
Purchase AmazonBasic’s or IKEA’s lillhut, the cheaper MFI certified connector, but reliable. If considering a one-time investment sort of thing, “Premium Category Connectors like Anker Powerline II USB-C to Lightning ($14.99; amazon.com) are the best ones to buy since they last longer than the lifespan of a new Phone.
Note: Also, identify if the flashing Connector is Apple-Certified before choosing one.